JUMBO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Chef Tim’s Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chef Tim’s Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies | Learn simple and delicious recipes with Overland Park Convention Center’s Executive Chef, Tim Freeman. From classic to new creations, Chef Tim delivers dynamic, innovative energy to the dining experience at the convention center everyday–now you can give them a try at home.
An award-winning chef with over 25 years of culinary experience from around the world let Chef Tim inspire your tastebuds.
Chef Tim’s Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies baking ingredients
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Chef Tim’s Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Place into the refrigerator for at least 3 hrs. Chill the cookie dough and the butter. This is the secret to an amazing, chewy cookie. If you do not refrigerate your dough, you will end up with a flat cookie.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, transfer to an airtight storage box.
WANT MORE SIMPLE RECIPES?
Contact us to let us know what recipes you want Chef Tim to feature.
GET TO KNOW EXECUTIVE CHEF TIM FREEMAN
Chef Freeman has over 25 years of culinary experience from around the world.