OPCC Safe Wedding Venue
Socially Distanced Sets
Let us help you plan your wedding ceremony or banquet with confidence. All plans are completely customizable & scalable to support social distancing & your wedding needs.
As a GBAC STAR accredited facility, our goals are the same as yours–keeping your guests safe while helping to achieve the wedding of your dreams with options including socially distanced ceremonies & receptions.
F FOOD & BEVERAGE
Plated Dinner Reception
Preset salad, dressing ramekin, dinner roll, & butter ramekin are plated together & covered with a lid–water goblets with clear covers & roll up silverware are also preset. Then enjoy a traditionally served meal.
GRAB & GO
- All MENU ITEMS can be PLACED ON grab & go stations OR DELIVERED In disposable VESSELS, LIMITING CONTACT TO GUESTS
- Hors d’oeuvres: Individually packaged to be handpassed or picked up
- salad: Individually PACKAGED with dressing & DINNER roll
- entréeS: Individually PACKAGED hot or cold entrées
- DESSERT: Individually PACKAGED
F FOOD & BEVERAGE
Buffet Dinner Reception
Directional buffet lines with server attendants behind Plexiglass to provide additional protection to guests. Plates & roll up silverware are placed for individual pick up. Frequent sanitation of high touch areas like beverage stations are performed throughout service.
COMMITMENT TO PROTECT.
The Overland Park Convention Center achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ Facility accreditation, the industry’s only outbreak prevention, response & recovery accreditation for facilities.
Under the guidance of GBAC’s scientific advisory board, the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection & infectious disease prevention are implemented within the facility. Following a risk assessment, the program establishes mitigation strategies through the use of scientifically approved protocols, equipment, chemicals and training, which are continually measured, audited & improved, to ensure a facility’s readiness for biorisk situations. The program verifies that Overland Park Convention Center implements best practices to prepare for, respond to & recover from outbreaks & pandemics.
OTHER SAFETY & COMFORT MEASURES
- Face coverings required upon entrance per local mandate
- Physical barriers added where appropriate to combat cross contamination
- Signage located throughout venue promoting physical distancing, handwashing, face coverings, hand sanitizer locations & what to do if not feeling well
- Reduction in venue capacity enables appropriate physical distancing of six feet
- Increased cleaning efforts for rooms & equipment
- Portable hand sanitizer stations available throughout venue at strategic areas of transition
- GBAC accredited cleaning & sanitation protocols requiring the highest standards of disinfecting for common touchpoints
- Communication of new health & safety protocols to guests & staff at appropriate touchpoints, both pre-arrival and on-site
- Limiting & spreading out pre-function furniture
- Restrooms sanitized after high-guest use, with focus on using scientifically approved chemicals & procedures to kill infectious diseases
- Reduction of guest & staff member contact points, including virtual client meetings
- Queuing lines in front of kiosks & food portables to ensure social distancing
- Using stanchions to create boundaries, separation from guests standing in line from guests walking the pre-function space
Mix your style with over 20 included amenities for your big day. From modern to traditional, Kosher to ethnic weddings, our dedicated wedding specialists will guide you every step of the way. We do it all so you don’t have to.
How can we help?
We are excited to host your wedding under the safest standards & guidelines. Contact our dedicated Wedding Coordinator, Alex Sherf to discuss flexible event setup & booking options.