The Overland Park Convention Center has been named Best Customer Service & On-Site Support in North America by EXHIBITOR Magazine, an industry leading publication honoring the best in meetings and events.
Under direct supervision from the Security Supervisor, the PT Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) provides basic level emergency and non-emergency care to the ill and injured, to include assessment of illness and/or injury, management of such patients, preparation for transport, transfer of information, and patient care.
Job Duties: (including but not limited to)
- Provide basic life support treatment of patients
- Provide CPR all with in the EMT scope of practice
- Thorough knowledge of EMS procedures and ability to integrate knowledge and performance into practical situations
- Interact professionally with guest, staff and other health care personnel
- Interact professionally with disabled, disadvantaged, sick and injured persons
- Work as part of a team
- Accurately and completely document information required
- Give report verbally or in writing to manager
- Clean the equipment, check and replace the used and damaged supplies
- Compliance with all company and local agency policies, procedures, and applicable protocols for emergency treatment
- Maintain a clean appearance, demonstrating courteous and ethical behavior
- Maintain high degree of visibility and professionalism; respond to various situations, issues and requests for assistance; prepare incident reports in accordance with departmental standards
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of one (1) year of EMT experience
- Must pass required drug screening
Education / Training:
- High school diploma, or equivalent GED
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Kansas or Missouri driver’s license or id card
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a CPR and First Aid certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain state (Kansas) or national EMT or First Responder certificate
- Basic Life Support certified
How to Apply:
Please apply in person at the Overland Park Convention Center located at 6000 College Boulevard, Overland Park, KS 66211 or email a resume to Security & Safety Manager, James Mooney at email@example.com.