The Banquet Captain will provide a high level of customer service to our clients. In addition to providing great customer service, banquet captains are responsible for all operating functions for the assigned event.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Knowledgeable of event menu items and their contents, appropriate table settings, and service ware and the correct preparation and garnishing methods.
- Ability to follow directions from Banquet Event Order.
- Responsible for setting up, serving, maintaining and breaking down banquet rooms.
- Ability to carry large and heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout a shift.
- Ability to set and remove tables and chairs from banquet room according to diagrams provided.
- Observes guests with sensitivity to their needs and responds to additional requests
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all administrative paperwork
- Assures that all food and beverage orders are delivered in a timely manner
- Executes proper and timely setup and complete clean-up of all banquets
- Executes proper and timely service of foods and beverages
- Assures those service areas are kept clean during entire event and that the highest levels of sanitation are adhered to at all times
- Ability to interact positively with guests to assure guest satisfaction
- Ability to interact positively with co-workers and management
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance, uniform, and hygiene
- Ability to be creative and bring new ideas to décor and table settings etc.
*Background in or previous experience at hotels or convention centers is GREAT
Reports To: Food & Beverage Director
Apply online at: https://careers.aramark.com/job/?req_id=346038
Enter Key Word: Banquet Captain and Location: Overland Park, KS
Global Spectrum maintains a drug-free workplace for its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.