OPCC Consumer & Trade Shows
Socially Distanced Sets
Let us help you plan your next consumer or trade show with confidence. All plans are completely customizable & scalable to support social distancing & your event needs.
As a GBAC STAR accredited facility, our goals are the same as yours–keeping your attendees safe while helping to achieve your desired event outcome with options including socially distanced exhibitor booths, alises & more.
Set move-in/move-out hours strategically spreading out specific times for vendors with less vendors suggested per table. Masks are required by mandate & sanitizer is available throughout the venue.
- WIDER, DIRECTIONAL aisles FOR PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- ReemphasizeD PHYSICAL distancing COMMUNICATION with additional event signage, floor clings & overhead announcements
- sanitizer supplied throughout venue
- TOUCHFREE PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR TICKETING & CONCESSION STANDS
- stanchions to create boundaries from guests standing in line from guests walking pre-function space
F FOOD & BEVERAGE
Directional lines with cashiers behind Plexiglass to provide additional protection to attendees with condiments & silverware distributed by cashier. Frequent sanitation of high touch areas like counters are performed throughout event.
COMMITMENT TO PROTECT.
The Overland Park Convention Center achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ Facility accreditation, the industry’s only outbreak prevention, response & recovery accreditation for facilities.
Under the guidance of GBAC’s scientific advisory board, the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection & infectious disease prevention are implemented within the facility. Following a risk assessment, the program establishes mitigation strategies through the use of scientifically approved protocols, equipment, chemicals & training, which are continually measured, audited & improved, to ensure a facility’s readiness for biorisk situations. The program verifies that Overland Park Convention Center implements best practices to prepare for, respond to & recover from outbreaks & pandemics.
See what safe event planning means with the GBAC STAR accreditation & the Overland Park Convention Center.
OTHER SAFETY & COMFORT MEASURES
- Face coverings required upon entrance per local mandate
- Physical barriers added where appropriate to combat cross contamination
- Signage located throughout venue promoting physical distancing, handwashing, face coverings, hand sanitizer locations & what to do if not feeling well
- Reduction in venue capacity enables appropriate physical distancing of six feet
- Increased cleaning efforts for rooms & equipment
- Portable hand sanitizer stations available throughout venue at strategic areas of transition
- GBAC accredited cleaning & sanitation protocols requiring the highest standards of disinfecting for common touchpoints
- Communication of new health & safety protocols to guests & staff at appropriate touchpoints, both pre-arrival and on-site
- Limiting & spreading out pre-function furniture
- Restrooms sanitized after high-guest use, with focus on using scientifically approved chemicals & procedures to kill infectious diseases
- Reduction of guest & staff member contact points, including virtual client meetings
- Queuing lines in front of kiosks & food portables to ensure social distancing
- Using stanchions to create boundaries, separation from guests standing in line from guests walking the pre-function space
H Hybrid Shows
Full-Service Hybrid Events
Offering fully interactive & engaging virtual experiences to supplement your physical event, we are the all-encompassing hybrid event venue. Live-stream your show & increase ROI by reaching on-site & virtual audiences with digital exhibitor lobbies. Engage more members & increase your bottom-line with hybrid events.
How can we help?
We are excited to host your next meeting under the safest standards & guidelines. Contact our team today to discuss flexible event setup & booking options.