Yield: 16 fl. oz
- 16 fl oz Milk
- 4 oz Sugar
- 1.5 oz Cornstarch
- 8 Eggs
- ¼ fl. oz Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 oz Butter
- 1 fl. oz Grand Marnier, opt.
- Combine half of the milk with half of the sugar in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil.
- Combine the remaining sugar with the cornstarch, add the eggs, and mix until smooth.
- Temper the egg mixture into the hot milk and bring it to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove it from the heat and stir in vanilla, butter and liquer(opt.)
- Transfer it to a clean container, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the pastry cream, and let it thoroughly cool before use.