Reports to: Chief Engineer
Skilled mechanical work in the operation and maintenance of heating and/or air conditioning and accessory equipment in a major facility and related work as required. The engineer is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the heating and/or air-conditioning and accessory equipment on an assigned shift. General assignments and standard operating instructions are established by a superior but employee is expected to perform routine work with no immediate supervision. Employee may supervise the work of semi-skilled helpers.
JOB DUTIES: (including but not limited to)
- Starts pumps and adjusts valves.
- Checks equipment for proper watch level, steam pressure and valve operation.
- Operates and regulates compressors, fans, radiators, water heaters and water softeners.
- Cleans and maintains pumps, screens, filters, strainers, pipes and other equipment.
- Performs miscellaneous repair work incidental to operating duties.
- Keeps records of operations, temperatures, pressures, fuel consumed etc.
- Locates and replaces burned out lighting fixtures.
- Assists in the set-up and take down of electrical needs for certain events.
- Performs preventative maintenance and other work orders.
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Good knowledge of the methods, principles and practices involved in the operation and maintenance of steam-generated equipment, ventilating and air-conditioning systems and similar equipment and machinery.
- Skill in the use of standard hand tools used in the repair of boilers, pipes, valves and similar equipment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and to prepare operating and related records.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of steam and various types of heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Completion of high school or trade school.
HOW TO APPLY:
To learn more and apply online, please visit http://comcast-spectacor.teamworkonline.com and search for the position in the keywords section of the page.
The Overland Park Convention Center and Spectra Venue Management maintain a drug-free workplace. EOE