Reports to: Sales & Marketing Director
Summary: Global Spectrum seeks a skilled, motivated and reliable individual to fill the full-time position of Sales Manager for the Overland Park Convention Center. Please visit our website at www.opconventioncenter.com for more information regarding our facility. The Sales Manager is responsible for selling and promoting the use of the convention center along with maintaining and modifying facility schedules.
Duties: (including, but not limited to):
- Represent the assigned facility to all potential clients; conduct facility tours; answer questions and provide information regarding facility services; assist clients in finalizing contractual agreements.
- Responsible for generating and securing new business utilizing both inside and outside sales solicitation.
- Solicit new business through cold calling, sales blitzes, creative proposals, social media platforms and other methods deemed effective.
- Development of new marketing strategies to earn new and build current business.
- Enter and efficiently maintain account information in booking software.
- Work closely with Hotel partners and CVB to book business favorable to all parties.
- Participate in the preparation of event contracts; prepare correspondence to clients.
- May participate in the development of newsletters and other marketing materials.
- Prepare various reports on operations and activities; provide assistance and staff support to the Sales & Marketing Director.
- Negotiate contracts and renewals utilizing minimums and history to achieve maximum revenue.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Attend Industry events.
- Two years of increasingly responsible sales and marketing experience.
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course works in marketing, business administration, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office. Experience in booking software a plus.
Salary: Starting salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to Director of Sales, Tracy Roberts at email@example.com.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Global Spectrum maintains a drug-free work place for its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.