Reports to Catering Director of Operations
The Banquet Captain will provide a high level of customer service to our clients. In addition to providing great customer service, banquet captains are responsible for all operating functions for the assigned event.
- Knowledgeable of event menu items and their contents, appropriate table settings and service ware and the correct preparation and garnishing methods.
- Ability to follow directions from Banquet Event Order.
- Responsible for setting up, serving, maintaining and breaking down banquet rooms.
- Ability to carry large and heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout a shift.
- Ability to set and remove tables and chairs from banquet room according to diagrams provided.
- Observes guests with sensitivity to their needs and responds to additional requests
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all administrative paperwork
- Assures that all food and beverage orders are delivered in a timely manner
- Executes proper and timely set up and complete clean up of all banquets
- Executes proper and timely service of foods and beverages
- Assures that service areas are kept clean during entire event and that the highest levels of sanitation are adhered to at all times
- Ability to interact positively with guests to assure guest satisfaction
- Ability to interact positively with coworkers and management
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance, uniform and hygiene
- Ability to be creative and bring new ideas to décor and table settings etc.
*Background in or previous experience at hotels or convention centers is GREAT