Employment Practices Network
- This event has passed.
Join us at our next quarterly breakfast event
Learn about relevant business topics. Network with other local HR professionals. Share a career opening. Earn continuing education credits. Engage in our community.
NEXT EVENT’S TOPIC :
The H.O.P.E. Workshop: An Innovative Approach to Healing in the Workplace
Thursday, December 5, 2019 • 7:30-9:30 a.m • Overland Park Convention Center
A recent study indicates that in the United States, 61% of men and 51% of women report experiencing at least one traumatic event in their lifetime*. In this particular study, “individual trauma was defined as resulting from an event, series of events, or set of circumstances experienced by an individual as physically or emotionally harmful or life-threatening with lasting adverse effects on the individual’s functioning and mental, physical, social, emotional or spiritual well-being.” Examples of trauma often include the death of a loved one, divorce, disability, illness, addiction, financial loss, family stressors, and more.
How should a company, a CEO, a supervisor, and an employee manage their workday, once affected by a trauma?
Presented by Workplace Healing LLC Co-Founders, Mindy Corporon and Lisa Cooper, the H.O.P.E. Workshop offers education, interactive activities, and guidelines for managers and supervisors regarding the do’s and don’ts with an employee returning to work after a trauma or life disruption.
Key concepts covered include:
- Attendees will learn how to interact with an employee affected by a trauma/life disruption
- Attendees will practice ABLETM conversation skills for uncomfortable grief/trauma related conversations
- Attendees will obtain working knowledge and practical tools to support the re-integration of an employee into the workplace
- Recognizing the significance of purpose in today’s talent recruitment and employee retention needs, attendees will experience a personal reflection on finding their own purpose and receive tips for how to duplicate that experience with their employees
- Attendees will create an Employee/Employer Engagement Plan for immediate implementation
- Attendees will gain confidence in knowing that their business can prosper after a trauma affects a team member
The H.O.P.E. Workshop four training modules include:
H – Heart-Based Healing
O – Opportunities for Healing
P – Personalized Purpose
E – Employee/Employer Engagement
*SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions
WHEN: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
WHERE: Overland Park Convention Center
TIME: 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. (7 a.m. Registration)
COST: $35 meeting fee, including breakfast buffet
SHRM PDC: 1.5 PDCs toward SHRM-CP® and SHRM-SCP® recertification