Simple Recipes with Executive Chef Tim Freeman: Chicken Cordon BleuEvent Estimate
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
Chef Tim’s Chicken Cordon Bleu | Learn simple and delicious recipes with Overland Park Convention Center’s Executive Chef, Tim Freeman. From classic to new creations, Chef Tim delivers dynamic, innovative energy to the dining experience at the convention center everyday–now you can give them a try at home.
An award-winning chef with over 25 years of culinary experience from around the world let Chef Tim inspire your tastebuds with everyday ingredients you can find around the house.
1 lb ground chicken
¼ cup ham, diced very small
¾ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
½ lb. Swiss cheese, cut small cubes
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Canola Oil, for frying
- Combine the chicken, ham and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add bread crumbs until the mixture loses its stickiness and can be easily formed into balls.
- Form the chicken mixture around the cheese cubes, forming 2 inch balls. Place on a plate.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees. Fry the breaded balls until the outsides are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels, and place in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through and cheese is soft, about 20 minutes. Cool briefly before serving.
- You can serve this with a variety of sauces, however I like to use a little Dijon Mustard to dip them in.
WANT MORE SIMPLE RECIPES?
Contact us to let us know what recipes you want Chef Tim to feature.
GET TO KNOW EXECUTIVE CHEF TIM FREEMAN
Chef Freeman has over 25 years of culinary experience from around the world.