Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Director
Summary: Global Spectrum seeks a skilled, motivated and reliable individual for the full-time position of Sales Manager for the Overland Park Convention Center. Please visit our website at opconventioncenter.com for more information regarding our facility. The Sales Manager is responsible for selling and promoting the use of the convention center along with maintaining and modifying facility booking software.
Duties: (including, but not limited to):
- Represent the Overland Park Convention Center to all potential clients; conduct facility tours, answer questions and provide information regarding facility services.
- Responsible for generating and securing new business utilizing both inside and outside sales solicitation.
- Solicit new business through cold calling, sales blitzes, creative proposals, social media platforms and other methods deemed effective.
- Development of new marketing strategies to earn new and build current business.
- Enter and maintain account information in booking software.
- Work closely with Hotel partners and VisitOP to book business favorable to all parties.
- Responsible for creating event proposals/contracts; prepare correspondence to clients.
- Negotiate contracts and renewals by utilizing minimums and historical account information to achieve maximum revenue.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Attend Industry events: Tradeshows, chamber events, industry related meetings.
- Two years of increasingly responsible sales and marketing experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, business administration, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office/Excel.
- Experience in booking software a plus.
- Work in a team environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
Salary: Starting salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled