JOB TITLE: Event Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Events
The Event Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling events within the facility as assigned and monitors the logistical interfacing of these events, to include but not limited to preparing event outlines and scaled drawings of event areas and coordinating equipment distribution and event billing. The duties will include all event coordination tasks after events are booked through their conclusion. Ensures tenant requirements are met and facility rules, regulations, and policies are adhered to, by serving as a liaison between the facility and tenants; assists tenants in the planning of their own events; and performs related responsibilities as required. May be required to work odd or unusual hours.
JOB DUTIES: (including but not limited to)
- Performs liaison duties between facility management and tenants.
- Explains policies and procedures to tenants and the public.
- Acts as a consultant to tenants, providing expertise regarding facility’s technical capabilities for a professional presentation.
- Prepares facilities for tenant use by obtaining appropriate information and requirements from tenant and prepares work orders for distribution to proper staff offices.
- Receives and responds to complaints from tenants and the public or refers them to the Director of Events or one of the section supervisors.
- Monitors assigned event requirements as interfaced with other events and activities scheduled in the facility.
- Prepares and distributes CAD drawings illustrating event set-up requirements.
- Presents event‑related information in a concise, professional, and accurate manner as required.
- Makes necessary arrangements for users of the facility to assure proper functioning of scheduled events.
- Plans and coordinates new events and promotions for the facility.
- Schedule staffing needs for ticket office when event requires it.
- Complete labor allocation sheets for event staff.
- Assists promoters, when Director is absent, in determining ticket prices or establishes ticket prices necessary to achieve desired level of revenue.
- Responsible from the point of contract through final settlement for liaison between tenants, the public and facility management prior to and during events, to see that facilities, equipment, physical set‑up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant’s contractual agreements.
- Plans, organizes, and maintains a productive work schedule as required by events assigned by the Director of Events.
- Interacts with other facility staff in a courteous, cooperative, and professional manner.
- Assures that area set‑ups are in accordance with lessee agreements, safety, fire, and health codes and procedures.
- Makes or arranges for last‑minute adjustments in room or equipment set‑ups at the request of lessee or to assure compliance with safety measures and prepares accurate statement of additional charges.
- Functional supervision of all event support staff including set‑up crews.
- Notifies Operations Manager of facilities or equipment in need of repair or replacement.
- Prepares event reports noting attendance, times, significant problems, etc.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by the Director of Events.
- Graduation from an accredited university or college with emphasis on management, event management or other related fields. Additional years experience may serve as substitute on a basis of two years experience for one year of college.
- Two years experience in a related field highly desirable. As a unique position with job requirements specifically designed for the convention center application, other characteristics of applicants may be considered in lieu of experience, particularly ability to work with people, sound skills in planning, organizing, math or drafting, and leadership quality.
HOW TO APPLY: