Jobs at the Overland Park Convention Center: Banquet Captain – Part Time
The Banquet Captain will provide a high level of customer service to our clients. In addition to providing great customer service, banquet captains are responsible for all operating functions for the assigned event.
- Knowledgeable of event menu items and their contents, appropriate table settings, and service ware and the correct preparation and garnishing methods.
- Ability to follow directions from Banquet Event Order.
- Responsible for setting up, serving, maintaining and breaking down banquet rooms.
- Ability to carry large and heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout a shift.
- Ability to set and remove tables and chairs from banquet room according to diagrams provided.
- Observes guests with sensitivity to their needs and responds to additional requests
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all administrative paperwork
- Assures that all food and beverage orders are delivered in a timely manner
- Executes proper and timely setup and complete clean-up of all banquets
- Executes proper and timely service of foods and beverages
- Assures those service areas are kept clean during entire event and that the highest levels of sanitation are adhered to at all times
- Ability to interact positively with guests to assure guest satisfaction
- Ability to interact positively with co-workers and management
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance, uniform, and hygiene
- Ability to be creative and bring new ideas to décor and table settings etc.
*Background in or previous experience at hotels or convention centers is GREAT
Reports To: Food & Beverage Director
Apply online at:
Enter Key Word: Banquet Captain and Location: Overland Park, KS