Full Time Banquet Captain (Lead Server) – Overland Park Convention Center
Position Summary: The Lead Server is responsible for the oversight or delegation of responsibilities within catering and/or other premium services operations.
- Schedules and assigns daily work assignments within a premium services operation
- Oversees the completion of tasks within a catering, restaurant, or suites environment
- Trains and guides staff on job duties, proper food safety and sanitation, customer service, etc.
- Sets up work areas according to guest/client requests, banquet event orders.
- Ensures service areas are maintained including replenishment of product, cleanliness, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service, anticipating guests’ needs
- Maintains a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a supervisor in a related role preferred
- Previous experience as a server or in a food service role required
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Requires ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of food safety principles and procedures
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Requires constant standing and walking
- Requires frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Wage: $19.00 – open availability