Audio Visual Technician
Jobs at the Overland Park Convention Center: Audio Visual Technician – Part Time
Under general supervision assists in performing responsible technical work within the Audio Visual department; operates technical media equipment for events and performances at OPCC.
- High school diploma and one year experience in audio visual and technical media coordination and operation, preferably in a convention, theater, arena or hotel
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid Kansas or Missouri driver’s license or identification card
Special Knowledge of:
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment and electronic services in public assembly settings
- Knowledge of personal computers and computerized audio-visual systems
- Terminology used in entertainment/convention/public assembly settings
- Ability to use tools and equipment properly and safely.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Sets up, operate and tear down all in-house equipment and rented or client provided audio-visual equipment
- Performs both preventive and corrective maintenance to all in-house Audio Visual services
- Consults with clients regarding Media Services
- Trouble-shoots Media Services sound and lighting
- Work a flexible work schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays
- Operational characteristics of media equipment usage and applications
- Technical requirement, methods, equipment, materials, and or other systems as they apply to facility events including, but not limited to: principles of event staging and performance equipment, lighting and sound equipment, rigging safety, and audio visual equipment
- Recognize audio visual related challenges, analyze and identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please apply in person at the Overland Park Convention Center located at 6000 College Boulevard, Overland Park, KS 66211 or email a resume to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: PART-TIME AUDIO VISUAL TECH
Reports to: AV Manager and/or FT AV Tech
Status: Non – Exempt
Global Spectrum maintains a drug-free workplace for its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.